The best thing you bring to leadership is your own transforming self!
A Transforming Community® is a group of pastors and Christian leaders (community sizes average over 70 men and woman) who commit themselves to nine quarterly retreats over a two-year time frame for the purpose of experiencing deeper levels of spiritual transformation.
People change incrementally....over time...with others...in the context of spiritual disciplines that open us to God.
Each retreat includes substantive teaching on spiritual formation themes and practices, guided experiences with spiritual disciplines, and significant engagement in community with other leaders. The Transforming Community experience is grounded in Scripture, animated by a Trinitarian approach to transformation in community, and informed by the richness and diversity of our Christian heritage. Visit "What we Believe" to learn more about our biblical and theological view of spiritual formation.
Why should I consider joining a Transforming Community?
Our goal is to help you strengthen the soul of your leadership so you are able to lead from your own experience of transformation. The Transforming Center longs to see churches and Christian organizations become communities of authentic spiritual transformation--and it starts with transforming leaders!
Key objectives of a Transforming Community:
- KNOWLEDGE - To establish theological grounding and a working knowledge of spiritual transformation, spiritual community, and spiritual leadership.
- EXPERIENCE - To explore and experience spiritual practices in the context of community.
- ONGOING TRANSFORMATION - To guide you in developing a personal rhythm of spiritual practices that is realistic and sustainable for your life in ministry (rule of life).
- COMMUNITY - To enter into an experience of transforming community that will equip you to cultivate spiritual community in your own setting.
- SPIRITUAL LEADERSHIP AND DISCERNMENT - To strengthen your effectiveness as a spiritual leader who is able to discern God's will in your setting.
At the conclusion of the two-year process you can receive academic credit towards a Doctor of Ministry in Spiritual Transformation or a Master's Specialization in Spiritual Transformation from Northern Seminary (Lombard, IL).
Where should I start?
- Use the navigation above on the right to learn about all aspects of a Transforming Community
- CLICK HERE to see when the next Transforming Community begins!
- Apply online. There is no financial commitment until you have been accepted into the program.
If at any point you have questions regarding the two-year Transforming Community, please don't hesitate to email Haley Page, registar, or call (630) 588-8133.
Please note: The Transforming Center reserves the right to assess each applicant's readiness for the Transforming Community experience and to refuse admission based on our assessment.