A Leader’s Guide to Planning for Lent and Easter
The seasons of the church year are meant to teach us essential truths of the spiritual life. Beyond mere information about the spiritual life, they offer us the opportunity to practice some of the key disciplines of our Christian faith and to do so together in community.
The Lenten resources below will guide you and your congregation in experiencing Lent as a season of transformation. Join with Christians near and far in following the common themes contained within the church calendar. Even if following a common lectionary through the seasons of the church year is not a part of your tradition, these resources are a great way to begin introducing this opportunity to your congregation.
Guide your congregation in experiencing Lent as a Season of Transformation
Beyond mere information Transforming Resources® are designed to provide step-by-step guidance for engaging the practices, experiences, and relationships that foster greater intimacy with God and deeper levels of spiritual transformation.
Our Lent and Easter resources are accessible — so whole communities, small groups, spiritual friends, and individuals can take the Lenten journey together and move into Eastertide.
A beautiful 20-page booklet with reflections for each week of Lent
- Ash Wednesday reflection introduces Lent as a season of transformation
- Scripture readings for each week with guidance for using the Revised Common Lectionary
- Reflections that describe spiritual practices for the Lenten season
- Compelling prayers and reflection questions with space to journal
Sacred Rhythms Curriculum
This 6-week DVD curriculum is ideal for the six weeks of Lent
Use the Lenten season to explore these six spiritual disciplines:
Desire and Prayer • Solitude and Silence • Lectio Divina • Honoring the Body • Examen • Rule of Life
Stations of the Cross Prayer Guide
This artful 36-page prayer book is ideal for use on Good Friday
A custom of our Christian tradition is to keep vigil with Christ during the events of Holy Week. This 36-page prayer guide by Ruth Haley Barton offers practical guidance, beautiful art, and compelling prayers that will help you walk with Christ on his journey to the cross, learning from him as you go.
- Spiritual direction for keeping vigil on Good Friday and/or Fridays during Lent
- Compelling combination of art, prayers, and Scripture readings for all fourteen stations
Stations of the Cross Prayer Service for use on Good Friday
We license our Stations of the Cross Prayer Guide as a printable prayer service. You can also license a set of Powerpoint slides that includes art for each station to create a complete prayer service.
After Easter invite your small groups to travel the Emmaus road and experience transformation in community
Life Together in Christ: Experiencing Transformation in Community
Reflecting on the story of the two disciples who meet Christ on the Emmaus Road, Life Together in Christ by Ruth Haley Barton includes substantive teaching, spiritual direction and practical guidance for small groups of spiritual companions who are ready to encounter Christ in transforming ways—on the road of real life.
- Casts a compelling vision for the role of community in our spiritual transformation
- Designed for groups to read and experience together, with practical guidance included in each chapter
- Questions for personal reflection throughout